Newbie Poster
antz182

Galaxy S Unable to connect to android market and Samsung not recognising IEMI

Hi,

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S yesterday and as pleased as I am with the phone, I have been unable to connect to the android market via wifi. I have set up a gmail account but everytime I try to login it returns with an error message saying "unable to connect to google servers" and that my phone may not be configured properly, any help?

On an aside, I tried to register the phone with Samsung to claim the free games and movies but the site says my IEMI is not recognised

Thanks,

Anthony

Please use plain text.
Community Moderator
eMobile_Steve

RE : Galaxy S Unable to connect to android market and Samsung not recognising IEMI

Hi,

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S yesterday and as pleased as I am with the phone, I have been unable to connect to the android market via wifi. I have set up a gmail account but everytime I try to login it returns with an error message saying "unable to connect to google servers" and that my phone may not be configured properly, any help?

On an aside, I tried to register the phone with Samsung to claim the free games and movies but the site says my IEMI is not recognised

Thanks,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Have you tried to log in through our network to get access to the store?

-Steve

Please use plain text.
Newbie Poster
antz182

RE : Galaxy S Unable to connect to android market and Samsung not recognising IEMI

Hi Steve,

After a few hours, and a hard reset, I realised that the problem was that I had turned off the backround data to stop myself from logging on to the wireless internet, once this was on with the wifi I managed to get into the store.

However Samsung are still unable to recognise my IMEI on http://www.samsung.com/ie/galaxys/promotion.html when I try to register

Thanks,

Anthony

Please use plain text.
Community Moderator
eMobile_Steve

Hi Steve,

After a few hours, and a hard reset, I realised that the problem was that I had turned off the backround data to stop myself from logging on to the wireless internet, once this was on with the wifi I managed to get into the store.

However Samsung are still unable to recognise my IMEI on http://www.samsung.com/ie/galaxys/promotion.html when I try to register

Thanks,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Glad to hear you are able to access that now. Are you having any issues as regards to connecting to the internet regularly through your phone, just as an aside?

As regards the IMEI are you inserting the code found underneath the battery?

-Steven

Please use plain text.